41312 - British Railways Ivatt Class 2MT Tank
41312 was built in May 1952 at Crewe locomotive works and spent its entire working career on the Southern region.
41312 was first based at Faversham, then Ashford in June 1959, before being moved to Barnstaple Junction where she worked over the Torrington branch, putting in some appearances on the Ilfracombe and Exeter line.
In March 1963 she was reallocated to Brighton. In 1964 she moved to Bournemouth were she worked over the Swanage and Lymington branches. 41312 performed the last steam service on the Lymington branch in April 1967. The last 3 months of her career were spent at Nine Elms acting as a station shunter for Waterloo. She was finally withdrawn from service on the 3rd July 1967